Located just east of San Francisco, Livermore Valley is a hidden gem in California's wine country. With over 50 wineries in the region, it's a must-visit destination for wine lovers looking to explore new varietals and vineyards.
At C&G Reservations, we specialize in luxury accommodations in Livermore Valley and are passionate about helping our guests make the most of their visit to wine country. We are so lucky to partner with some of the best wineries in the area. Our guests enjoy special discounts at these wineries, and we can help set up a wine tour of these beautiful locations, or a private tasting from the comfort of our luxury vacation homes. Here are some of our top picks for wineries to visit in the region:
- Arroyo Cellars: A boutique urban winery offering small lot wines in a unique setting to enjoy. An arroyo is a habitat that evolves over time and provides relief from the elements, food and drink for its inhabitants, and a place to relax, mingle, and co-exist with other species. So too is Arroyo Cellars. It has evolved over 20 years of friendship. It provides relief from our everyday jobs, food and wine (the necessities of life), and a place for family and friends to enjoy each other’s company.
- Free Range Flower Winery: An award winning, winemaker owned and operated, boutique winery that handcrafts premium wine in small batches from locally sourced, organic flowers - not grapes! One-of-a-kind vintages include "L" Lavender Sparkling Wine, Marigold, Rose Hibiscus, Rose Petal, Rosehips, Red Clover, and Feijoa (pineapple guava flower wine!).
- Garre Vineyard & Winery: Known for their Italian-style wines and stunning views of the valley, Garre's tasting room offers a range of experiences, from a traditional tasting to a private tour and tasting that includes a visit to their barrel room. Their restaurant is also outstanding and not-to miss!
- McGrail Vineyards & Winery: A boutique winery that is centered on family, friends, and fellow wine lovers. McGrail focuses on creating the finest Cabernet Sauvignon for you to enjoy through our small lot production. Enjoy bocce, award-winning wine, and breathtaking views of the Livermore valley from their tasting room.
- Page Mill Winery: A small, family-owned winery that specializes in handcrafted wines made from grapes grown in the region without pesticides. Their tasting room offers a cozy and inviting atmosphere, where you can taste their delicious Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, and famous GPS blend.
- Rosa Fierro Cellars: A 100% woman-owned winery specializing in handcrafted limited production award winning wines from Livermore and Napa Valleys. Our urban winery and tasting room are located on the east end of Livermore Valley in the same facility with several other wineries with two breweries around the corner. You can almost always find Rosa Fierro in the tasting room waiting to meet you.
- Sakura Vineyards: “Sakura” means cherry blossoms in Japanese. They chose this name for the winery because the fleeting nature of the sakura is a beautiful reminder to embrace life and appreciate each moment. Sakura Winery is here to help you hit pause on your to-do list and allow yourself the time to savor a special moment with family and friends. A big moment, a little moment, or anything in between.
- Wente Vineyards: One of the oldest and most well-known wineries in the region, with a history that dates back over 130 years. Their tasting room offers a range of experiences, from a traditional tasting to a tour that includes a visit to their historic caves and a tasting of their estate-grown wines.
At C&G Reservations, we believe that a visit to Livermore valley isn't complete without exploring the region's exceptional wineries. With so many incredible options to choose from, there's something for every wine lover in the region. If you're looking for the perfect place to stay during your visit, be sure to check out our luxury short-term accommodations, which offer the perfect combination of comfort and convenience for your wine country getaway. We would be happy to help arrange your visit to any of these wineries in our beautiful region!